Due to high demands patients who wish to see Dr. Poon for free diet counseling must meet the medical criteria and follow the steps below:
- You have to be obese.
- You have to have one or more medical conditions related to your obesity, such as:
· High cholesterol
· High Blood Pressure
· Fatty Liver
· Metabolic Syndrome
· Type II Diabetes
· Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
· High Triglycerides
· Reactive Hypoglycemia
· Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
· Sleep Apnea
- A letter of referral written by your family physician or specialist stating that you have a medical condition that requires weight reduction. Click here to download a referral sample letter.
- A copy of your blood test from your last check up.
- Fax the letter of referral and blood test results to
1-416-461-4777 for the Toronto office,
1-905-832-1270 for the Vaughan office,
1-905-450-2707 for the Brampton office,
1-416-752-9675 for the Scarborough office,
1-289-801-9960 for the Mississauga office, or
1-905-509-0663 for the Pickering office, and we will contact you directly by phone with the time and date of your appointment to fill in some paper work.
- Dr. Poon Metabolic Clinic has 6 locations:
14 St. Matthews Road, Unit M068
Toronto, Ontario M4M 2B5
191 McNaughton Road East, Unit 306
Vaughan ON L6A 4P5
160 Main Street South, Unit 4
Brampton, ON L6W 2E1
With Dr. Kenneth Freeman
1415 Kennedy Rd.
Scarborough, ON, M1P 2L6
2624 Dunwin Drive, Unit #9
Mississauga, ON L5L 3T5
Unit #6, 375 Kingston Road
Pickering, ON L1V 1A3
- The first appointment will last about 30 minutes. Please bring all your medications with you to show the doctor.
- You will be assessed by one of our staff physician at your first visit and may not be Dr. Pat Poon himself
- The first meeting is for the purpose of assessment and the acceptance to the program is not automatic