Due to high demands patients who wish to see Dr. Poon for free diet counseling must meet the medical criteria and follow the steps below:
- You have to be obese.
- You have to have one or more medical conditions related to your obesity, such as:
· High cholesterol
· High Blood Pressure
· Fatty Liver
· Metabolic Syndrome
· Type II Diabetes
· Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
· High Triglycerides
· Reactive Hypoglycemia
· Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
· Sleep Apnea
- A letter of referral written by your family physician or specialist stating that you have a medical condition that requires weight reduction. Click here to download a referral sample letter.
- A copy of your blood test from your last check up.
- Fax the letter of referral and blood test results to
1-416-461-4777 or the Toronto office,
1-905-771-9600 for the Thornhill office,
1-905-450-2707 for the Brampton office, or
1-905-509-0663 for the Pickering office, and we will contact you directly by phone with the time and date of your appointment to fill in some paper work.
- Dr. Poon Metabolic Clinic has 4 locations:
Our new Toronto office is located on the main floor of the Bridgepoint Health Center. The main entrance to the clinic is on the west side of Broadview Avenue, just north of Gerrard Street East. We are just behind 430 Broadview Avenue.
14 St. Matthews Road, Unit M068
Toronto, Ontario M4M 2B5
The Thornhill office is located east of Young Street on Royal Orchard Blvd.
Royal Orchard Blvd, Basement
Thornhill, Ontario L3T 3C3
Our Brampton Office is located on the south-east side of Queen Street East and Lynch Street.
The Pickering office is at the south-west side of Kingston Road and Rougemount Road.
160 Main Street South, Unit 4
Brampton, ON L6W 2E1
Unit #6, 375 Kingston Road
Pickering, ON L1V 1A3
- The first appointment will last about 30 minutes. Please bring all your medications with you to show the doctor.
- You will be assessed by one of our staff physician at your first visit and may not be Dr. Pat Poon himself
- The first meeting is for the purpose of assessment and the acceptance to the program is not automatic